EAA Airventure Museum

Home
Visitor Information
Museum Activities
Our Collection




The Virtual Museum
Flight Operations
Museum Education
Suport The Museum

HAUFE-DALE HAWK 2 – N18278

The Hawk 2 was constructed in 1939 by Walter Haufe and Leland Hanselman. This glider was designed with ridge lift type soaring in mind. A nine hour flight was accomplished over High Cliff near Neenah, Wisconsin by Walter Haufe.

The glider was stored during World War II with the result that some minor damage was incurred. The aircraft was acquired by C. VanAirsdale in 1954 and was restored by L. Hanselman, H. Edward, and C. Vogt.

The Hawk 2 was donated to EAA in 1969 by C. VanAirsdale.

Haufe-Dale Hawk 2 Haufe-Dale Hawk 2

Accredited by the American Association of Museums
  
| Home | Visitor Information | Activities | News | Collection |
Virtual Museum |
| Flight Operations | Education | Support | Store | EAA Home |


All content, logos, pictures, and videos are the property of EAA
Copyright © 2014 - Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc.
Disclaimer/Privacy Statement
If you have any comments or questions contact webmaster@eaa.org


EAA Aviation Center P.O. Box 3086 Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Phone: 920.426.4800